A while back I did a post about a jumper I was knitting for my grandson. Well, I am still knitting it! Sometimes things take longer than anticipated.
While we were overseas I was able to get some knitting or crocheting done on those really wet days when it was best to be indoors. I did manage to complete some projects.
Fiona’s fingerless gloves
but the jumper had to be put to one side as I didn’t have sufficient wool. I had to wait until I got back to Australia to purchase the needed two balls. I unravelled the part of the sleeves I had already knitted when I realised I needed more wool as I knew I wouldn’t be able to get the same dyelot. I figured if I knitted the bottom part of the sleeve in the different dyelot and the top part of the sleeves in the correct dyelot you wouldn’t notice the difference quite so readily.
I am now about three-quarters of the way up the sleeves and should soon be finished. I did knit it in a big size so it should fit my grandson for next winter. I don’t think I will do a pattern with blackberry/raspberry stitch in it again.
It is very time consuming.