I finished this jumper a couple of weeks ago. Technically it isn’t quite finished as I still have to attach the sleeves!
I had issues with the amount of wool I had as I have been trying to use up wool that is in my stash. The variegated wool was from the Jolly Jumbuck shop when it was closing down and my intention was to knit the whole jumper in that wool. (The Jolly Jumbuck is now an online shop.) I realised once I finished the body of the jumper there was no way I was going to have enough wool.
The photos are not true to colour. I then knitted the cuffs of the sleeves in a navy, also from the Jolly Jumbuck, and I thought if I did the collar the same it wouldn’t look too bad. When I was nearing the end of the second sleeve I realised I still didn’t have sufficient wool so I then had to resort to unravelling the body of the jumper.
I haven’t done this before but there were excellent instructions on how to do so on the internet. I first read about it on a blog post titled “Length reassignment surgery!”
I unravelled the bottom band and then knitted the bottom cuff in navy to match the collar and cuffs.
I am quite delighted with how it worked out. In fact I think I prefer the contrasting bands. The pattern is from Patons Book 8004.
4 Comments Add yours
Necessity is the mother of invention and you seem to be particularly good at taking a creative approach to problems. Inspiring!
That’s sooooo clever! I like the contrast too:-)
Very beautiful sweater. I think mistakes are at the heart of everything truly artistic and wonderful.
That’s a lovely way to look at it.