I love my latte but today is National Cappuccino Day. The picture is of cappuccinno pudding!
National Cappuccino Day
Five Food Finds about Cappuccinos
- Capuccino was invented in Italy. It was first patented by a man named Luigi Bezzera in 1901. It is a derived from the Italian word “cappuccio,” which means “hood.”
- Cappucino became very poular during and after World War II. During this time, cappuccino machines were improved and many restaurants began serving the popular beverage. By the 1950s, cappuccino had evolved into its present form. It is now widely available in convenience stores and restaurants worldwide.
- In Italy, cappuccino is traditionally consumed once a day with breakfast.
- The steamed foam served with capuccino serves as an insulator and allows the liquid to retain its heat for a longer period of time.
- Capuccino is rumored to have been named after Marco d’Aviano: a friar who led the resistence to the Turkish seige of Vienna in 1683. This rumor has not been supported by any…
View original post 69 more words