I have been working on completing the Brora Shawl in readiness for the arrival of our new grandchild. The expected date is 23 November so I was hoping to have it completed before then.
This is how far I have reached.
I am pleased with how it is turning out despite the issues I had in the first few rounds. I think it will look lovely once it has been washed and blocked. You can’t really see the pattern clearly until you do the blocking.
I went back online to order another ball of wool from the source where I ordered this lot and the owner is sick and is not fulfilling any orders at present so I have had to source the ball of wool elsewhere. I went on Ravelry to see if anyone had a spare ball for sale in their stash but it was not to be. I was eventually able to get a ball directly from the original makers, Shetland Woolbrokers. It won’t be the same dyelot but I don’t think it will make much difference. I will do a post when I get the shawl finished.