My next project is one that I think will keep my busy for a while. It is what I call an on-going project. I will fit other projects in between doing this one.
Here it is.
Our younger daughter’s partner loves this chair and he would like it covered in patchwork denim. I love a challenge and so we brought the chair back with us on our last trip to Canberra.
I have covered chairs before but the armchairs I covered had wooden arms so this is a new challenge for me.
I started by removing the staples where it was possible to do so
but soon discovered that the chair would require some extra help from my husband.
The arms had been covered prior to being joined to the central part of the chair. Once my husband had removed the screws, with the nifty gadget he has, I was able to continue removing the staples.
I reckon there are well over a hundred staples in this piece of furniture, possibly closer to two hundred!
I have been collecting my husband’s old jeans specifically for a project such as this but I think I will require more than I have so I will need to pay a visit to a thrift store.
I will do a follow up post later when I have started work on the actual upholstery.