Further to my pattern buying, the next article I made was from this fabric, also bought at a Spotlight sale.
Another puchase that didn’t break the bank but as it is so long since I have done any clothing sewing for me I didn’t want to spend big and then find that it didn’t work out.
I made two items from this piece of fabric. The first item was from an old pattern I already had.
You can see from the graphic that it is an old design. Until I had finished making the top I didn’t realise how oversized it was.
It is really almost a dress rather than a top.
There is no shaping in this item so it hangs very loose. I won’t be making this again. The pattern will now be donated to the thrift shop.
I had fabric left over so I made a second item. More on that one tomorrow.