This fabric is what I chose for my next item which is a shirt dress. I didn’t realise when I bought the pattern that the shirt dress is the fashion item for this summer. I think that must refer to the northern hemisphere as we are about to enter winter here.
This pattern was more involved than the previous two items I made but I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge as the end result was worth it.
The front had a placket which means that the buttons and buttonholes are hidden.
I had my usual issue with buttons in that I didn’t have nine buttons of the particular size and colour in my stash so I had to buy buttons. The buttons cost $10 which is ridiculous in comparison to the cost of the fabric. If I had thought about it more carefully I could have gone to a thrift store and bought an old shirt and perhaps got nine buttons from that at a fraction of the cost. I will know next time.