I started knitting this jumper after visiting my daughter in Canberra way back in May. The wool is from a frogged jumper and I wrote about it here.
The original piece of knitting was this one which was knitted in 2011.
All was going well with the new jumper. I had knitted the main part of the jumper as far as mid abdomen and then I knitted a sleeve to make sure I would have enough wool to finish, if not I would be able to use a similar colour for the band at the bottom of the body. I then tried on the jumper only to find that it was far too big so I unravelled the lot and started again with a smaller size. That is why it has taken so long.
I am now almost finished. I just have to complete the bottom band. I thought I was going to run out of wool and I visited the wool shop to see if they had any similar wool but unfortunately no. I then thought I might have kept some left over wool from when I had knitted the original jumper and I was lucky, there was a ball and a half. I will have enough wool now to finish.