Sewing failure

on

I wanted to do some sewing as it had been a while since I had done any and was not happy with the result of the sewing I did with the 6 metres of stash fabric.

I purchased three lots of fabric each cost $7.50 in the Easter sale so it would be no drama if the sewing didn’t work out.

The first pattern I used was one from quite some time ago.

I didn’t realise at the time that the pattern size was far too big for me. I don’t know what I was thinking when I bought the pattern several years ago, maybe I had put on weight and thought I might have needed a larger size. Anyway I had cut out the pattern and made the top before I realised what size it was. Rather silly of me really.

The top is shapeless and because the fabric drapes readily it means the collar section just flops. Not a great result.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.