Tumbling blocks

I have been doing some sewing recently trying to finish off some works that have sat idly by for a few years.  I started this quilt quite some time ago, 2013 to be exact, with the intention of using up some of the mountain of scrap fabric that I have in my sewing room.  IMG_9404

IMG_9406

There is also a large bag of slightly larger scraps.

IMG_9407

I am loathe to throw away even the smallest scrap of fabric.

No doubt they will eventually get thrown out when I run out of time to make something useful.

You can read my initial post about the quilt here.

I eventually completed 176 blocks for my quilt.

I then had to set them out trying not to butt up two similar blocks anywhere in the quilt.

Unknown-2You can see that it took up a fair amount of floor space trying to sort things out.  I should mention that the background fabric had to be bought as I didn’t have a suitable fabric in my stash.

IMG_9395

At this point I had joined four diagonal rows.

IMG_9394

Hopefully it won’t take another nine years for me to finish what I started nine years ago.

I just want to show you that the sewing for this quilt is not always accurate and would certainly not be judged well by those who take quilting seriously.  When you join the various blocks you should have all lines matching accurately.

I have them  matching sometimes, IMG_9408

and sometimes not

.IMG_9409

One Comment Add yours

  1. trkingmomoe says:

    Lovely quilt. Thanks for sharing.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.