Some garden activity

We demolished some concrete at the back of our back shed and we were going to take it to the recycling centre but the cost of depositing the concrete was over $200 so we thought there must be some other means of disposal.  We came up with the idea of creating a mounded garden bed at the edge of our front garden.  It is part of the nature strip but our nature strip is about four metres wide and we have a dirt road in front of that.

We covered the rubble with soil and we will plant some ground cover over that.  It is a less expensive method of disposal.

 

A little bit of sewing

My sister-in-law asked me to convert a t-shirt, that she had had for some time, into a cushion cover.  It was not a difficult task and was finished very quickly.  I had planned to put piping around the cushion but because of the flexible nature of the t-shirt fabric I found that would have been too tricky so I left the cushion plain, with a zip opening.

 

Paint makes a world of difference

I have been redecorating our lounge room as it is almost nine years since we moved into the house and I decorated the lounge when we first moved and now feel it is time for a change.

The lounge is two steps down so the wall behind the lounge suite is tall and therefore needs a large print behind.  Previously we had a dark orange feature wall with three covered canvases.

I forgot to take a before photo but here is a photo of the wall after the canvases had been taken down.

I have recovered the canvases and painted the feature wall.

The lounge room looks completely different now.  My next step is to make some cushions.  I have knitted one cover and have bought some fabric for the second one.

We are hoping to buy two wing-backed chairs but the store is out of stock at the moment so we will need to be patient.  New carpet is the next step.