The jumper was frogged into balls and I was going to wash them as balls until I read a bit about frogging on the internet. Apparently they suggest that you should wash the frogged wool as skeins rather than balls.
I then unwound a few balls into skeins and gave that a go.
This is how the skeins looked after being washed. I wasn’t convinced that the result was any better than leaving the wool in balls to do the wash so I only did what you see here, the rest I left in balls.
After drying the wool I then wound the balls using my new Yarn Winder. I love it.
You can see that there is still a bit of kink in the wool but it won’t be noticed in what I am using it for.
This little bag is one of the pieces of craft I have completed recently. I was making some crochet balls to use in the house so our granddaughter could practise her throwing. Our grandson had used some Japanese juggling figures for throwing when he was little and I thought this would be good to add to the collection.
The pattern is one I procured from the Internet.in 2006, (it has taken me ten years to get around to making the pattern) and I can’t find it on the Internet now. The pattern was by Nanabear97 and it was from Ravelry but is no longer there. If you would like a copy of the pattern just let me know and I will email you a copy.
This pattern is great for using up small scraps of wool, the emphasis being on “small”. I thought I would be reducing my stash but I have barely made a dent. I will need to look for a bigger project. I think some more doll’s clothes might use a bit more wool.