This little ensemble is for the doll that lives at our house and is used when our granddaughter visits. It was originally to be a birthday present for another granddaughter but that birthday has long gone. I had issues when making this outfit and I blogged about it previously. I started this quite some time ago and have only just finished it. (Cricket is on television). The item on the right of the picture is supposed to be a muffler.
I have yet to come up with a way of closing the front of the jacket. I tried stick-on velcro but is just keeps coming off when you undo the velcro so I will need to think of another method. I guess I could sew on the velcro but I don’t think that would look too neat. Maybe I will use press studs. Any ideas are welcome.
A while back I posted about a nightie I had made for my granddaughter and I said I would be making a matching nightie for her doll. I finally finished the doll nightie and now my granddaughter can match her dolly to her own nightgown.
I was worried that the doll nightie would be too big for her dolly but it turned out to be just the right size.
Dolly now has a bit of personality as well as clothes!
I posted previously about making a doll for our new grandchild. The doll was made prior to our granddaughter’s arrival but she was the bare bones. I had to wait until I knew whether the grandchild was a boy or a girl before doing the finishing touches.
I have now given the doll some hair
and some clothes
and it will be left to our daughter to come up with a name. I hope it begins with “J”