Always extra length needed in the arms

Today I managed to get a bit of sewing done.  I always seem to get side tracked when I am on my way to the sewing room which is up at the back of the garden.  I tend to find that there are things in the garden that need doing or demand my attention.  For example yesterday on my way to do some sewing I noticed that the hedge needed pruning so I did half of the hedge then after lunch I cut some flowers for inside and while doing that I noticed that the roses needed fertilising.  One thing led to another and so the sewing didn’t take place until today.

 

I had this garment cut out so it was just a case of sewing it together.  I have long arms and every pattern I use I have to adjust the sleeves so they fit me correctly.  They look really long in the picture but they fit me perfectly.

This was a very easy pattern but to show up the seam work I think I will make it in two colours next time.

Geodesic number two

I have just completed a second version of the geodesic jumper I made a few weeks ago.

I decided that I needed to make the sleeves a bit longer and also make the waistband deeper.  I also made the waistband smaller so it draws in the body a little more.I am pleased with the finished result.

This is the first version.

The second version.  Apologies as the photo is a bit blurry.

Inspired by another blogger

One of the blogs I follow is Fadanista.  The outfits she makes are fantastic and such a variety.  She has inspired me to do more sewing for me.  I loved a post she did on the Geodesic sweater and decided I would give it a try.  I bought the pattern from Blueprintsfor sewing and downloaded the PDF pattern.

I made version 2.  If you check out Fadanista’s blog you will read that she mentions having a bit of an issue with matching up the points of the triangles, well I had the same issue.  I think if I make this pattern again I will use a finer fabric rather than sweatshirt fabric.

The pattern is complex and I did do a fair amount of unpicking but in the end I was pleased with the finished result.  The photos don’t show the actual colour but you get the general idea.  I would also add extra length to the sleeves on my next version.This is the pocket detail.