I have just completed a second version of the geodesic jumper I made a few weeks ago.
I decided that I needed to make the sleeves a bit longer and also make the waistband deeper. I also made the waistband smaller so it draws in the body a little more.I am pleased with the finished result.
This is the first version.
The second version. Apologies as the photo is a bit blurry.
One of the blogs I follow is Fadanista. The outfits she makes are fantastic and such a variety. She has inspired me to do more sewing for me. I loved a post she did on the Geodesic sweater and decided I would give it a try. I bought the pattern from Blueprintsfor sewing and downloaded the PDF pattern.
I made version 2. If you check out Fadanista’s blog you will read that she mentions having a bit of an issue with matching up the points of the triangles, well I had the same issue. I think if I make this pattern again I will use a finer fabric rather than sweatshirt fabric.
The pattern is complex and I did do a fair amount of unpicking but in the end I was pleased with the finished result. The photos don’t show the actual colour but you get the general idea. I would also add extra length to the sleeves on my next version.This is the pocket detail.